Sunday 9 February 2014

Watery Sunday :(

The UK has been hit by the worse rainfall for decades and its not good to go out with a camera unless your happy being in the wet, which I don't!

So I've spent most of the day in Lightroom making up some more galleries for the website. I have to say that I think Lightroom is a great piece of software, I know some prefer Adobe Bridge but I don't think it can do things with ease like Lightroom does in makeing it easy to make galleries.
I use the Collections Set a lot and you don't have to have multiple images of the same to do different things as it all ties in with each other. The presets for your images are quite good but again you can taylor that as well, if you've got images taken on the same day then you can set the contrast etc directly for all those images and then just tweak them, but its a lot easier than going through individual ones.

I guess that I'm lucky on that I know CSS code and how to read it as the pages that it makes does need some twerking if you want your website to run smoothing between pages made by Lightroom and your web pages that you've designed.

I know that for most people when they visit a website that they don't like adverts coming up, slow loading and having to go round all the houses to get to one thing. So with that said I'm hoping that viewers will find my site easy to navigate and if anyone has some ideas, I'm always open to suggestions.

I've loaded up five galleries and some of the images people will have seen before or different versions of them, but in between are ones that I've not shown before. Nearly all of them are taken in and around Bristol, the city has so much to offer and to capture. One of the galleries is of the St Nicholas Market, which is a great place to go round, and if you spend some time there you can capture the essence of the market and what it represents.
There are two parts to the market with the indoor one that use to be Corn Exchange and then the what use to be the courtyard that has little sort of shacks that are no bigger than a medium garden shed (the image above gives you an idea). There are businesses that have been there for decades while others have moved in and help transform part of it into a kind of open food hall, with food from nearly all four continents to choose from. You can imagine that the smell of different dishes of food being cooked near to each other fills the air which helps build an appetite for your lunch.

Last year saw the closing of city centre roads on a Sunday and open to the public to basically do anything from sitting around on sofas or getting involved in street games. It was an idea that was put forward by Bristol's new mayor who does at first come across as a bit of an oddball with his thing for wearing red trousers every day, I guess we would all like to have  a signature of somekind that makes us stand out, mine is my white and orange wheelchair with its spiral like spoke guards. But what he did brought people into Bristol's city centre and just have fun, I'm guessing that it will be done again this year and maybe with some cool extras as the word has got around on how well it was last year.

Well a new week is about to begin and time for me to get stuck in to the second semester, one part is about digital imaging which involves the idea of altered reality / surreality / hyperreality, talk about pushing the boundaries of imagination! The second one is all about legislation, ethics on intrusion and business practices, see its not all about taking photos but getting an understanding of everything to do with photography in the professional view and workplace.

Thanks for reading, AndyD 

No comments: